Are you continuously asking yourself why does my Dell printer keeps saying offline. If you’re at the top of your harness and ready to pull your printer out of the window due to utter disappointment.
There are some points you can follow to fix this common Dell printer offline problem before you free the beast! So, read the following steps to overcome the common issues:
Here are the things which are mentioned in this article:
- What are the reasons behind the Dell printer keeps going offline?
- Steps to fix the Dell printer offline issue in Windows 10
- What to do when Dell printer offline problem arises again and again?
What are the reasons behind the Dell printer keeps going offline?
There are several possible reasons for the ‘Dell printer offline’ message such as the device software is not being updated, an internet connection issue between the hardware of the Dell printer and Device (including cables or Wi-Fi hardware).
The printer may require formulator software updates or the printer driver on the desktop requires an update as per the operating system.
However, the most obvious reason behind the problem is mainly due to poor communication between the device, Wireless router, and printer via its WI-FI connection which causes the Dell printer IP address to change. This error has three possible reasons or a combination of all:
- The device is turning off the adapter to save power.
- The Firewall or antivirus software is creating a communication error.
- The network information is missing or incorrect IP Address found in the printer settings.
Steps to fix the Dell printer offline issue in Windows 10
If you are seeking to fix your Dell printer offline in windows 10 issue and get your Dell printer back online again to complete a print job then there is a quick fix procedure that will help you to fix Printer Offline issue! Steps given below are fully technical and helpful to resolve printer problems.
- First, find the device manager settings on your device in your control panel.
- Scroll to the USB controller’s section and click on the plus “+” symbol or arrow to open the list.
- On each ‘USB Root Hub’, right-click and select ‘Properties’.
- Click to the ‘Power Management’.
- Uncheck ‘Allow the desktop to turn off the Dell printer to save power’.
- Restart your system.
- Lastly, Repeat step 1, move to ‘Network adapters’.
- Right-click the wireless adapter.
- Click on the properties tab.
- Then, click to power management and uncheck the same option as mentioned until step 5 above.
Hence, by following these steps, you will turn your printer offline to online in Windows 10. If you still face the printer offline issue again then follow the below mentioned technical steps or you may also ask a technical expert:
- First, find and install an up to date printer driver on your device.
- Update printer firmware.
- Checking the print list in the control panel and deleting the full list.
- Check your firewall or antivirus settings and check if the printer functionality is being blocked.
What to do when Dell printer offline problems arise again and again?
If you are looking for a permanent solution to fix the Dell printer offline message, then follow the steps:
First, you require to configure your printer to work on a fixed IP Address, below mentioned are the steps to perform the same:
- On your device, move to the printers and devices in the control panel.
- Click on the Dell printer in the list and either right-click to the properties menu or click ‘Manage'(Windows 10).
- Click on the properties tab or printer properties.
- Click on the ‘Ports’ tab.
- From the drop-down list, you’ll be able to see the current IP address of the printer.
- Browse address bar with the same network which is connected to the same Ethernet or Wi-Fi. You can see your IP address such as XX.XX.XX.XXX
- Now, login with your Dell printer username and password and check the setting menu.
- Click the Network or connectivity option in the tab.
- Now, you can set the option to static or manual instead of automatic.
- There will be an option for the manual IP address to be recommended. If it is not available, you have to set it yourself.
- Then click to save or apply.
- Get your router’s IP address.
- Click to log in online. Your router’s IP address opens a command prompt and type: ipconfig/all.
- Now, you will need to add the MAC address and the new printer IP address so that it can communicate with the printer.
- Finally, find the Dell printer IP address by following step 1 again and add your new IP address.
Therefore, your query about ‘how do i get back my Dell printer offline to online’ is solved.