How to Connect Brother Wireless Printer to Windows 10
If your brother printer offers a wireless option, you can set it up to connect to your home or office Wi-Fi – this makes the printer accessible wirelessly from anywhere within the network. Moreover, using the wireless function of a printer usually means that the only cable that needs to be connected to your printer is its power cable.
To determine if your printer has a wireless connection or not, be sure to check your instruction manual. Furthermore, your printer will need to connect to your Wi-Fi network before the following setup steps begin. Be sure to connect your printer first using the instructions in the box to your printer.
- Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to your Wi-Fi network. Your printer must be connected to the same network.
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the Start Menu button (Windows logo icon) in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Click Settings on the left side of the Start Menu.
- In this window, select the Devices option.
- Next, choose the Printers and Scanners option.
- On the right side of the window, select the (+) button to add a new printer.
- Windows 10 will now search for all the printers and scanners on your network and then display them in a list. Once your printer is displayed by its model number, select it and click Add Device.
- Windows will now establish a connection to your printer and install all the drivers needed for it to work. When done, the printer means Ready.
How to Connect a Wireless Brother Printer to Windows 10
If your printer does not offer wireless connectivity, or you just want to use a wired USB connection, simply plug it into your Windows 10 PC. Unlike a wireless printer, it does not need to be configured really differently from previous versions of Windows. . Once you connect a USB printer, it will automatically configure it within Windows.
Troubleshoot Brother Printer problems
If you have problems with your printer, if it is not able to connect to your Windows 10 PC or the software is not working properly, we suggest you start by checking our troubleshooting guide. Alternatively, contact your manufacturer using one of the links above for more support.
How do I download Brother Printer Drivers on Windows 10
While some manufacturers offer additional software that can be downloaded for use with your printer, you usually do not need any additional software to set everything up. Moreover, while the drivers were downloaded manually, Windows 10 would automatically download everything needed to get started.