Change the printer settings, in most cases, finding a solution for the canon mg2500 printer offline. This problem is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is restart the printer and computer or disconnect the USB cable. If you are using a network printer, either wired or wireless, the problem is with the connection and you need to restart the router.
Here are some guidelines to resolve Windows canon mg2500 printer offline error, try following these steps and hope your issue will be resolved:
- Open Control Panel and navigate to the Printers window.
- Check that the correct printer is set to Default.
- Right-click the default printer and select the print queue (see What is printing).
- If there are unfinished tasks, remove them from the list.
- From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck Use an offline printer.
- Optional: If Offline Printer Usage is turned off, check the option, leave it for a few seconds, and clear it.
- Make sure the printer is properly connected to the computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
- If you have a network printer, try performing a connection test (also try restarting the router/switch).
- Shut down and restart the printer and computer.
- If the issue is still not resolved, reinstall the printer drivers.
How do I connect my canon mg2500 printer to Wi-Fi
If you are using a canon mg2500 wireless printer, then you should try to connect to the IP address. To find the address, go to Control Panel> Devices and Printers> Right-click the printer and select the properties. On the “Web Services” or “General” tab, you should be able to see the IP address of the printer. Copy the address and type it in the address field of your browser. An
alternative to this is to open CMD and type ping. Followed by the IP address of your printer, and press Enter. If an offline canon printer error occurs, the connection to the printer may not work.
Restart the Print Spooler service, if you receive the canon mg2500 offline printer message. You may be able to resolve this only by restarting the Print Spooler service. The printer uses this service to print, and you can fix this problem by restarting it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK
- When the Services window opens, locate the Print Spooler service, right-click it, and choose Restart from the menu.
After restarting the Print Spooler service, verify that the problem persists. Keep in mind that this may not be a permanent solution, so you will need to repeat it if the problem occurs again.
Turn canon mg2500 printer offline to online
Change the printer properties, according to users, you can fix printer offline messages by changing the printer properties. This is relatively simple and you can do it by following these steps:
- Go to Control Panel> Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer and choose the printer properties from the menu.
- Go to the Ports tab. Select the IP address of your printer from the list and click the Configure Port button.
- Uncheck SNMP Status Enabled and click OK to save the changes.
After that, problems with your printer should be resolved completely. Note that this solution only works if you are using a network printer.