What to do when HP Deskjet 2540 shows offline and what are the troubleshooting steps for printer technical errors. Therefore, a technical guide is given in the article whereas, you can find and fix the problem and turn the printer online.
Recently, several users have complained that they often see the HP Deskjet 2540 go offline either automatically or after a while of downtime. This problem can be very problematic, as users will not be able to print pages. As the printer itself will be listed offline, and documents will be added to the queue only when sent to print.
Why HP Deskjet 2540 Keeps going Offline and how to turn Online in Windows
There are several different reasons why your HP Deskjet 2540 Printer may go offline from time to time. Some of the reasons why a HP 2540 printer is intermittent are, but not limited to:
- Static IP: The port you assign to the printer is not static. In the case of a dynamic IP port, this may change, which may coincide with the information stored on your computer.
- Antivirus Software: It is known that an antivirus program causes problems with the printer if they block its actions due to a false positive position.
- Driver Problems: The driver installed on your HP Deskjet 2540 may not work properly and may cause the printer to go offline again and again.
- Set Printer as Default: Windows has a feature that allows you to use the printer offline. If this option is selected, it can accept a standalone printer and start printing documents in the queue.
Before proceeding with the solution, make sure you are logged on as the administrator of your account and have properly installed the network capabilities that you use to connect the printer to your computer.
Hp deskjet 2540 connect to wifi and disable SNMP enabled
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a well-known network management protocol used to gather information and configure network devices that include printers, servers, hubs, etc. This protocol is known to cause problems with Brother printers and may cause it to go offline. We will adjust your port settings and see if we can fix it.
- Press Windows + R, type “control” in the dialog box, and press Enter.
- Once on the control panel, select the View Devices and Printers Present Bottom Hardware and Sound option.
- Your printer will be listed here. Open the desktop printer properties.
- Now find the port to which the printer is currently connected. Select it and click Configure Port.
- Once in the port settings, uncheck the SNMP Status option is enabled. Save the changes and exit.
- Now try using the printer and see if the problem is resolved.
Steps to fix Hp desk-jet 2540 offline windows 10
Windows 10 has a feature where you can print a document offline. This allows users to queue their documents for printing and print them later when the printer reconnects. This feature is known to cause problems. Disable this and fix offline hp deskjet 2540 to online in windows 10
- Go to the printer properties as done in the first solution.
- Right-click on the printer and select See what is printed.
- Now click on Printer and uncheck Use an offline printer.
- Save the changes and exit.
- Check to see if the Hp deskjet printer problem is resolved.
Verify hp deskjet 2540 offline ip address and troubleshoot
If both of the above methods do not work, make sure that the IP address used by the Hp Deskjet 2540 printer does not contain a dynamic IP address. If it is a dynamic IP, the printer will automatically change its IP address when the router runs out of IP lease time. After authentication, we need to make sure that the Deskjet 2540 IP address used is unique and the same as on your PC.
- Go to the printer properties and, as in the previous solution, click the “Ports” tab.
- Here you need to select the Static IP that your printer can use.
- After selecting the correct port, click Configure Port.
- Now check the port name and address. Make sure they match the system you are currently using.
- Save the changes and exit. Check if the printer problem is resolved.
Also when selecting a port, make sure the WSD port is not selected. Of course, this causes problems with your printer.
How do i reinstall the hp deskjet 2540 driver and turn printer online
If all of the above methods do not work, we may try to reinstall the hp deskjet 2540 driver from Device Manager. There are many cases where due to damaged or outdated drivers the printer cannot connect to the network properly and turn the printer offline, not printing.
- Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box, and press Enter.
- Once in Device Manager, expand the Visualization Devices category, locate the printer, right-click.
- Select Delete Device.
- If prompted, also select the Remove Drivers option.
- Now turn off the power of the printer and restart the router and computer.
- Try connecting to the printer from scratch and see if the problem is resolved.