If your printer is not working printing, and keeps going offline. There might be many issues behind the printer offline error. Before resolve printer offline error, make a note of network, power, drivers, IP address, ink cartridge and remove the stuck print job. Then follow these steps to resolve the printer offline issues:
- Is there an error code or message? If so, look for the code or message on the support pages for your printer.
- Are the other functions operational (copy, fax, scan)?
- Can you print a configuration? Instructions for printing this internal report can be found on your printer’s manual or support page.
- Check all cable interconnection and make sure they are tight at both ends.
- If the printer is connected to the network, can you ping it? See the procedure for pinging the printer and interpreting the results on the assistance pages for your printer. Just search for “ping”.
- Does printing fail on multiple documents and programs? It could be the document or something from the program you are using if it is specific to a document or program. Try another document and/or program to see if the problem is specific to a document or program.
- Do you have the newest printer driver available for your printer? You can verify this by going to the Drivers & Downloads page on your device’s support site.
- If you haven’t tried it yet, complete an order form with the device. PO / PO is off and on. Now be sure to leave the printer off for 60 seconds. Power on and power on instructions are available on the support pages for your printer. Some printers have two power buttons. So make sure you turn off the device completely.
- If the problem still has not been resolved, you must completely uninstall the driver and then reinstall it. Instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling the driver are available on the support pages for your printer.
How do I turn Printer offline to online in windows
These are the basics that we look at when we see the issue that “printer is offline”. If none of the above helps with your situation, it may be time to go to the forum and ask for help or contact your local support centre by phone, email, or chat, optionally. Be sure to provide as much information as possible about your setup, operating system, driver version, connection type, and what, if anything, has changed since the last time the printer was working properly.
Hope this article has given you an idea of what to look for and where to begin when your printer isn’t printing. Every situation is different, so these are general things to look at or try out.